VSX-LX503 9.2 Channel Network AV Receiver
The VSX-LX503 brings you the synergy of Dolby Atmos®/DTS:X ideally calibrated by MCACC, and the latest video standards Ultra HD/HDR10/HLG/Dolby Vision™, and even expands to a 7.2.4ch surround system with an external amplifier. FlareConnect™ offers wireless multi-room audio with easy control on the Pioneer Remote App, while internet radio and network streaming services can be enjoyed with Chromecast built-in and DTS Play-Fi® via your smartphone. Powered Zone 3 offers support for various home cinema environments.
- Channels: 9
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 180 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1%, 1ch Driven)
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer supports DTS Formats
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer supports Dolby Formats
- Reflex Optimiser
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (11.2, 5.6, 2.8 MHz/2 ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (5.6, 2.8 MHz/2 ch, 2.8 MHz/ 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic) + Aureus™ Floating-Point DSP (TI)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4458 (AKM) & PCM5101 (TI)
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning - Phase Control, Subwoofer EQ, Multi-point Standing Wave Control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes - Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)*1
- HDR10, HLG and BT.2020 Wide Colour Gamut Signal Passthrough*2
- Dolby Vision Compatible*1
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v.Colour”
Home Network Features
- Multi Zone Music
- FlareConnect™ for Multi-room Audio
- Chromecast built-in*3
- Works with the Google Assistant
- DTS Play-Fi with Pioneer Music Control App*4
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer Music-Streaming
- Services Ready*5
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network, Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC*6, AIFF, FLAC*6, WAV (RIFF)*6 and 11.2 MHz DSD*7, Dolby® TrueHD*8
- Powered Zone 3/Zone 2
- Dual Band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC) Built-in
- Pioneer Remote App*4 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System/Network Setup Menu
- PC Setup
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out (Gold-Plated)
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for Main, 1 for Zone 2/ Sub)
- Ethernet 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- AV (Component) 1 In (Assignable)
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Audio 1 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 2 In (Assignable)
- Front, Centre, Surround, Height 1, Surround, Back, Subwoofer x 2 Pre Out
- Zone 2, Zone 3/Height 2 Pre/Line Out
- Speaker 11 ch Out (Front, Centre, Surround, Height 1/Bi-Amp, Surround Back/Height 2/Zone 3, Zone 2)
- IR 1 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out
- FM/AM Antenna
*1 Except Aux input (front). *2 Front HDMI input does not support 4K/60Hz/RGB/4:4:4/4:2:2. *3 Chromecast-enabled apps required. *4 Available for free download from the App Store/the Google Play. *5 Service availability depends on country or region. *6 Supported sampling rate via wireless LAN depends on network environment. Up to 96 kHz ALAC supported. *7 Converted to PCM. Not guaranteed via wireless LAN. *8 Not guaranteed via wireless LAN.
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
By adding an external amplifier, the 9.2ch AV receiver can be expanded to decode 11ch to drive the 7.2.4ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs including DTS formats can now be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. By adding an external amplifier, the 9.2ch AV receiver can be expanded to decode 11ch for driving a 7.2.4ch surround system. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs including Dolby formats can now be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Powered Zone 2 & Zone 3
You can enjoy 2-ch audio in a separate room (Zone 2/Zone 3) while performing 5.1-ch playback in the main room. The same source can be played back in the main room and Zone 2/Zone 3 simultaneously. Also, different sources can be played back in both rooms.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
The VSX-LX503 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Colour Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalises response.
Synchronised Sound with Phase Control
As an innovative solution for the phase lag between the subwoofer and the main channel speakers caused by the bass management filter, Phase Control compensates the delayed bass to improve sound synchronisation.
When using Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, high directivity sound from the unit reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. The different pathways cause a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. The Reflex Optimizer which uses the Phase Control technology adjusts this shift, and improves the localization of the sound image by aligning the frequencies with those of the floor speakers, creating the ideal reproduction environment.
Multi-Room Audio Offers a Variety of Ways to Enjoy Music
FlareConnect™* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multiroom playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Pioneer Remote App**.
* External audio inputs supporting FlareConnect may differ depending on model. For details, please visit https://pioneer-audiovisual.com/flareconnect/.
** Download free from the App Store or Google Play.
The VSX-LX503 comes with Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favourite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast enabled apps running on your personal device — iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook™. The VSX-LX503 also works with the Google Assistant, so you can tell it to turn up the volume, skip tracks, or stop the music using your Google Assistant enabled device, like Google Home.
Discover Chromecast enabled apps at https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chromecast/built-in/apps/.
DTS Play-Fi wirelessly streams any audio content from any compatible mobile device to the VSX-LX503 and DTS Play-Fi compatible audio systems, creating a multi-room system in your home. You can stream different sources to different speakers at the same time from the Pioneer Music Control App*.
* Download free from the App Store or Google Play.
|Power Requirements||AC 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption/Standby||870 W/0.15 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 x 185 x 386 mm|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: