Head Box S2 Digital
The Head Box S2 Digital is a fully equipped desktop headphone amplifier. Equipped for even the most demanding digital audio guru.
Thoughtfully Considered Design
The Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital features a front seated 6.35 mm headphone output. Delivering a clean and precise sound with a musical touch. Unwanted noise coming in through USB is double filtered to a level where it can’t affect audio, enabling an undisturbed listening experience. The aluminium/metal has a lovely aesthetics but it also protects against vibration and interference in your delicate circuitry.
Hi-Res Audio at Your Fingertips
The Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital supports playback for PCM files up to 32 bit / 768 kHz and DSD decoding up to quad DSD (DSD256). This compact DAC and headphone amplifier is loaded with five digital filters for soundshaping to the your preference.
All inputs offer support for high resolution data up to 24 bit / 192 kHz. The USB input offers full high resolution support for all files up to PCM 32/768 and DSD256.
- High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 DAC
- Proprietary clock circuity design
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- 32 bit / 768 kHz decoding
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Up to 24 bit / 192 kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
- Headphone output on the front (6.3 mm)
- Synchronisation of all internal oscillators
- Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds
- Gold plated four layer PCB
- Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black
|Digital Inputs||1 x USB (B), 1 x Coaxial (RCA), 1 x Optical (TOSLink)|
|D/A Converter||1 x ESS9038K2M 32 bit|
|USB||Up to DSD256, PCM up to 32 bit / 768 kHz|
|Coaxial||PCM up to 24 bit / 192 kHz|
|Optical||PCM up to 24 bit / 192 kHz|
|Filter Settings||5 Sifferent Selectable on Front|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Analogue Outputs||6.3 mm Headphone (Front), 1 x Variable Out (RCA)|
|Output Voltage||2.05 Veff|
|Line-Level Output||1 Pair RCA|
|Headphone Output Power||68 mW / 30 Ohm, 6.6 mW / 600 Ohm|
|Minimal Recommended Headphone Impedance||8 Ohms|
|THD||0.0007% at 0 dB, 2 V RMS, 1 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||120 dBA|
|Outboard Power Supply||5 V / 1 A DC (Included)|
|Dimensions W x H x D||103 x 37 x 122 mm (Including Knob and Connectors)|
|Weight||360 g Without Power Supply|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good