Ultra-High Performance Surround for the Thrill Seeker
The F/XiA6 is at home in the best home theatre systems and in very large spaces. With a 6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance® driver and two 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeters, movies and multi-channel music will fill the space with well-conceived sound effects coming from all directions. These surround speakers will literally immerse you in three-dimensional sound. Configurable as bipole or dipole for discrete and diffuse sound, they work equally well behind you or beside you. For the ultimate 7.1 home theatre system, simply add a second pair.
- The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound. Keyhole slots make mounting a snap.
- With the flip of a switch, our dipole/bipole circuitry changes the soundfield from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modelled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Computer-modelled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
|Height||37.47 cm (14.75")|
|Width||33.99 cm (13.38")|
|Depth||21.92 cm (8.63")|
|Weight (Each)||5.9 kg (13 lbs)|
|Driver Enclosure Type||Acoustically Tuned Vent|
|Driver - Tweeter||(2) 2.54 cm (1") Diameter (Round) Dynamic Balance Silk Polymer Composite Dome - Tweeter|
|Driver - Mid/Woofer||(1) 16.51 cm (6.5") Diameter (Round) Dynamic Balance Driver with Polymer Composite Cone and Rubber Surround - Mid/Woofer|
|Total Frequency Response||45 Hz - 27,000 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Lower and Upper -3 dB Limits||55 Hz - 26,000 Hz|
|Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel||20 Watts - 250 Watts|
|Mounting Type||Keyhole Hanger|
|Speaker Inputs||(1) Pair of 5-Way Binding Posts - Gold Plated|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: