Full Fidelity and High Performance
The F/XiA4's engine is the dual Dynamic Balance® 1-inch dome tweeter design and a 5 1/4-inch Dynamic Balance driver that produces believable real-life effects at prodigious volumes. The selectable bipole/dipole function allows you to configure it to your space and 7.1 systems. The smaller cabinet enables it to fit in more places.
- The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound. Keyhole slots make mounting a snap.
- With the flip of a switch, our dipole/bipole circuitry changes the soundfield from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modelled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Computer-modelled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
|Height||30.48 cm (12")|
|Width||28.89 cm (11.375")|
|Depth||18.89 cm (7.437")|
|Weight (Each)||4.08 kg (9 lbs)|
|Driver Enclosure Type||Acoustically Tuned Vent|
|Driver - Tweeter||(2) 2.54 cm (1") Diameter (Round) Dynamic Balance Silk Polymer Composite Dome - Tweeter|
|Driver - Mid/Woofer||(1) 13.34 cm (5.25") Diameter (Round) Dynamic Balance Driver with Polymer Composite Cone and Rubber Surround - Mid/Woofer|
|Total Frequency Response||50 Hz - 27,000 Hz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Lower and Upper -3 dB Limits||60 Hz - 26,000 Hz|
|Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel||20 Watts - 150 Watts|
|Mounting Type||Keyhole Hanger|
|Speaker Inputs||(1) Pair of 5-Way Binding Posts - Gold Plated|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: