MMF 5.3 Turntable
The music hall mmf-5.3 turntable is a 2-speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique dual-plinth construction originated by music hall.
The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform.
A Complete Package
Viso-elastic cones separate the two platforms and provide vibration damping.
The mmf-5.3 comes complete with an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge.
- Music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- Gorgeous high-gloss piano black lacquer finish
- Top tier 9” carbon fibre tonearm
- Counterweight’s centre of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- DC synchronous motor for superior speed stability, separately isolated on the lower platform
- Two-speed stepped motor pulley for 33 1/3 and 45 rpm
- Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge with replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus ($236 value)
- The cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- Precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon® for noise-free fluid operation
- Alloy platter with soft felt mat screw-on record clamp
- High quality gold RCA connectors
- Detachable phono cable
- Special vibration damping adjustable feet
- Built-in round spirit level for proper levelling
- Low noise fully manual belt-drive design
- Excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- Dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
|Power Supply||15 V / 0-0.8 mA DC Universal Power Supply|
|Power Connection||100 – 240 Volt 50 or 60 Hz|
|Standby Power Consumption||< 1 W|
|Speeds||33 1/3 rpm (Manual Change to 45 rpm)|
|Wow and Flutter||± 0.10%|
|Speed Deviation||± 0.80%|
|Rumble Max.||> – 70 dB|
|Effective Tonearm Length||9" (230 mm)|
|Tonearm Weight||250 g (Without Counterweight)|
|Effective Arm Mass||8.5 g|
|Product Dimensions||18.25" (W) x 13.25" (D) x 5.5" (H) / 464 (W) x 330 (D) x 140 (H) mm|
|Weight||24 lbs (10.9 kg)|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: