Hi-Fi Turntable with Speed Auto Sensor
Rediscover your passion for vinyl with the Denon DP-400 Hi-Fi turntable with auto speed sensor for precise sound reproduction. Strong construction and elegant design blends seamlessly into the existing Denon Design Series. The S-Shape curved tonearm lifts automatically and stops the platter when vinyl reaches the end of playback. Weighted, belt-driven platter supports 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm or 78 rpm records with precision that’s faithful to the original recording. Integrated phono equalizer creates an open, enveloping sound stage for your cherished albums with detailed, accurate reproduction. Includes MM cartridge. Exclusive, removable dust cover doubles as a display stand.
- Unique S-Shape curved tonearm design optimizing tracking angle at any point of the record to reduce harmonic distortion for clear audio reproduction
- Tonearm supports auto lift-up and playback stop when end of record is reached Built-in phono equalizer with on/off toggle lets you connect DP-400 to any amplifier or system with analogue inputs or phono inputs
- Multi-speed selector (33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm) to play the widest array of vinyl records
- Engineered with a more than 100-year Denon legacy in audio excellence — trust this high-quality and durable turntable to deliver the ultimate audio experience
- Includes high quality MM cartridge for precise sound out-of-the-box within minutes
- Exclusive, removable dust cover with included base eliminates fixed-cover vibrations and doubles as a display stand for your vinyl record covers
- Supports both MM (included) and MC cartridges — advanced flexibility that matches your audio preferences
- Weighted, belt-driven platter with auto speed sensor maintains accurate speed for precise sound reproduction
- Strong, weighted base and durable construction reduces external vibrations and improves audio performance
- Part of the Denon Design Series — elegant, modern design fits beautifully in the home
Specially Engineered S-Shape Tonearm
Features a carefully engineered S-Shape curved tonearm with optimised tracking angle at any point of the record, auto-lift at records end and playback stop. When the vinyl reaches the end of playback, the tonearm auto-lifts preserving the excellent condition of your album and the cartridge. S-Shape curved tonearm design also reduces harmonic distortion, ensuring a crystal clear sonic signal every time you listen.
Solid construction offers both the strength and high-density needed to reproduce detailed, resonance-free music. Thick cabinet walls and a weighted platter provide the optimal surface for your vinyl collection, reducing external vibration. Pair DP-400 with the rest of the Denon Design Series for a durable, high-resolution system.
Supports playback at 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm. Easily play your entire vinyl collection and enjoy its full breadth — even your cherished, vintage 78’s.
Easy Setup and Operation
Takes minutes to unbox and quickly operate for novice and seasoned vinyl fans. Plug DP-400 into your favourite amplifier or system, including the Denon Design Series, and immediately begin reconnecting with your vinyl collection — it’s that easy.
Exclusive, Removable Dual-Purpose Dust Cover
Removable dust cover features a modern design, elevating the overall aesthetic of DP-400 while eliminating vibration issues that affect music quality associated with attached covers. Doubling as a display stand for your album cover, place the dust cover upright on the included base and show it proudly to friends and family.
Built-in phono equalizer creates an open, enveloping sound stage that enlivens your cherished vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording as the artist intended. Connect it directly to a mini component or integrated amp for seamless use.
Includes an MM cartridge for more precise listening and added musical detail. As a producer of the longest-selling cartridge in market, enjoy the Denon DP-400 turntable with confidence. If you prefer listening via an MC cartridge, easily swap out the existing MM cartridge to fit your audio preferences. Enjoy iconic Denon sound quality however you choose to listen.
Weighted, Belt-Driven Platter with Auto Sensor
Integrated auto sensor accurately controls the platter, preventing unwanted speed fluctuations during playback — enjoy audio reproduction exactly as the artist intended.
At just 41 cm in width, DP-400 is constructed to fit seamlessly into your existing Hi-Fi system. Though compact in size, it still delivers the powerful, detailed sound you expect from Denon.
Sophisticated Design Series Aesthetic
Blending seamlessly with the popular Denon Design Series, DP-400 features a sophisticated form factor and solid construction. Durable aluminium materials offer a modern aesthetic. Pair it with the rest of the Denon Design Series to complete your elegantly designed Hi-Fi system.
100+ Years of Firsts in Audio Technology
Founded in 1910, Denon has a deep heritage of "firsts" in audio technology — from Japan's first audio electronics manufacturer, to producing the world's first commercial CDs. This focused investment in audio R&D ensures you get the latest technology and highest quality with every listening experience.
|Motor: AC / DC||- / ✓|
|Drive System: Belt / Direct||✓ / -|
|Operation: Automatic / Manual||- / ✓|
|Auto Tonearm Lift at End||✓|
|Speed: 33 1/3 / 45 / 78||✓ / ✓ / ✓|
|Wow & Flutter||0.08% (WRMS)|
|Phono EQ Built In (Switchable)||✓|
|Cartridge (MM / MC)||✓ / -|
|Dust Cover||✓ (Removeable)|
|Rated Output||2.5 mV / 1 kHz|
|Frequency Range FM||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|S/N Ratio||65 dB|
|Rated Output Phono EQ||150 mV / 1 kHz|
|Frequency Range Phono EQ||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Available Colours: Black / White||✓ / -|
|Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H)||414 x 342 x 132 mm|
|Weight||5.8 kg (With Dust Cover)|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: