DLA-N7 D-ILA Projector
JVC DLA-N7 D-ILA projector is wrapped in a whole new design, which is packed with the latest projection features. For instance with the new 0.69-inch native 4K D-ILA device, the projector can produce high-definition native 4K resolution (4096 x 2160) images from its all-glass 65 mm diameter lens system. HDR10 content can be projected at optimum quality with Auto Tone Mapping function, and the new Frame Adapt HDR function, which analyses HDR10 content frame-by-frame and automatically performs frame adjustment for optimal image projection. Combining brightness of 1,900 lm, dynamic contrast ratio of 800,000:1, and 18-bit equivalent gamma accuracy for smooth gradation, the projector reproduces life-like images close to reality as we perceive with our eyes. Renewed Clear Motion Drive together with Motion Enhance, which optimizes the D-ILA driving device according to image movement, significantly reduce blur compared to other projectors.
- Complies with the latest HDMI/HDCP 2.2 standard to enable full spec 4K signal input with 18Gbps transmission band-width (4K60P 4:4:4, 4K60P 4:2:2/36-bit, 4K24P 4:4:4/36-bit)
- Light source: NSH 265 W lamp
- Resolution: 4096 x 2160
- Input connectors: HDMI x 2 (3D, Deep Colour/HDCP 2.2)
- Output and control connectors: RS-232C (D-sub 9pin) x 1, LAN (RJ-45) x 1, Trigger x 1 (Mini jack), 3D Sync x 1 (Mini-DIN 3pin)
- 3D formats: Frame Packing, Side-by-Side (Half), and Top & Bottom
- New 0.69 inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- High-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 x 2160)
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm diameter high-quality lens
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor accurately reproduces images closer to the original
- Exceptionally bright 1,900 lm means bright, high-resolution images
- Deep Blacks are realized by a High Native Contrast Ratio of 80,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast Ratio 800,000:1)
- Wide Colour Gamut above exceeds DCI/P3 spec creating saturated, beautiful images that come to life
- Frame Adapt HDR dynamically tone maps any HDR10 content frame-by-frame and automatically performs adjustment to achieve optimal images close to reality as seen by human eyes
- As a part the Frame Adapt HDR, the projector offers improved gamma processing accuracy from 12- to 18-bit equivalent to reproduce smoother and finer gradation
- Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image quality
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
- Display the MaxCLL and MaxFALL mastering data available for HDR content on some UHD Blu-ray discs
- Compatible with Hybrid Log-Gamma that is expected to be used widely in future broadcasting
- Installation Mode centrally manage nine settings related to installation to enjoy video best suited for each environment
- Nine settings of Installation Mode include Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect; stored installation modes for various environments can be called up.
- Renewed Clear Motion Drive supporting 4K60P (4:4:4) signal improves moving images more than ever
- Motion Enhance technology reduces residual images and blurring that are often found in fast-moving images by optimally controlling the drive of D-ILA devices
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles
- Colour Management System with 6-axis Matrix
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor* is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including colour balance, gamma characteristics, colour space and colour tracking
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode** to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter
* Exclusive JVC software installed in PC and optical sensor are required. Please visit the JVC website for details.
** Professional calibration to desired screen is performed by trained dealers.
4K Native Resolution
Equipped with refined 0.69" native 4K D-ILA device and newly developed digital driver LSI for native 4K resolution.
D-ILA projectors continue to evolve for the better. The latest three models feature an original native 0.69" 4K D-ILA devices, which were first adopted on model DLA-Z1; this device has been improved with process refinements on planarization and reflection efficiency to achieve higher contrast and brightness. Additionally, a dedicated driver LSI was also enhanced to simultaneously drive each of the three (R/G/B) native 4K D-ILA devices at high-speed 120fps. As a result, precise and smooth image projection unique to 4K native can be achieved with the combination of a new device and new driver LSI.
Brighter, High Contrast, Wide Gamut
High-quality, Clear Picture with Brightness
Maximum brightness of 1,900 lm can be achieved by combining a 265 W ultra high-pressure mercury lamp and a highly efficient optical engine.
Images Full of Presence with D-ILA’s High Contrast
JVC’s original D-ILA device combined with an optical engine equipped with a wire grid results in a high native contrast ratio of 80,000:1. Combined with Intelligent Lens Aperture, a dynamic contrast ratio of 800,000:1 can be achieved.
Vivid Images Through a Wide Range of Colours
By using a new cinema filter, the projector achieves not only 100% coverage of the BT.709 but also coverage beyond the DCI-P3 display range used in film production. The wide colour gamut ensures a more accurate reproduction of HDR content and natural gradations.
High Quality, All Glass Lens
All glass, high-resolution lens with full aluminium lens barrel.
The DLA-N7 is equipped with an 17-element, 15-group all-glass lens featuring a full aluminium lens barrel. In order to project high-resolution images to every corner of the screen with the 65 mm diameter lens offering wide lens shift of ±80% vertically and ±34% horizontally, the projector adopts five ED lenses that take into account differences in the R/G/B refractive index to reduce chromatic aberration and colour fringing.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR (high dynamic range) content contains more data including an extended brightness range, 10-bit gradation and a wide BT.2020 colour gamut. For this reason, high basic performance is required for precise reproduction by the projector. With D-ILA projectors, HDR content are optimally reproduced with “high-brightness, high contrast, and wide gamut” to enjoy high quality HDR content as you’ve never experienced in the past. Moreover, in addition to HDR10 content, which is found on UHD Blu-ray Discs, the projector automatically detects the Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) signal, a technology used widely in broadcasting, allowing the user to view it in an optimum picture mode.
Auto Tone Mapping
The Auto Tone Mapping* function featured on the latest models automatically adjusts each content based on the values in the mastering data, such as Max CLL (Content Light Level) and Max FALL (Frame Average Light Level), which indicate the brightness of the HDR content. Image quality is automatically adjusted for optimal viewing of various HDR images with different brightness.
* Content without mastering info is set at fixed level or can be adjusted manually.
|Device||0.69 Inch Native 4K DILA Device (4096 x 2160) x 3|
|Resolution||4096 x 2160|
|Lens Shift||+/-80% Vertical & +/-34% Horizontal, Motorised in 16:9 Aspect Mode|
|Light Source||NSH 265 W|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 4,500 Hours in Low Mode|
|Contrast Ratio||Native: 80,000:1, Dynamic: 800,000:1|
|Video Input Signal Format||Digital: 480p, 576p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 3840 x 2160p 60/50/30/25/24, 4096 x 2160p 60/50/30/25/24|
|PC Input Signal Format||VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, WXGA+, SXGA, WSXGA+|
|Control Terminals||1 x LAN (RJ-45), 1 x RS232C (D-Sub 9 Pin)|
|Service Terminal||1 x USB Type A (For Firmware Update)|
|Power Requirement||AC 100 V - 240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions: W x H x D||500 x 234 x 495 mm|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good