UDP-LX500 Universal Disc Player
Pioneer’s brand-new universal disc player brings the spectacle of Ultra HD Blu-ray™ to your home entertainment, with four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. Featuring three-block internal layout, Ultra Rigid Construction, and Double-Layered Chassis for a robust build, 6-layered main circuit board, SDR/HDR preset mode, and support for HDR10/Dolby Vision for quality picture, as well as premium audio DAC and Zero Signal Terminal for high-grade sound, the UDP-LX500 lets you enjoy the highest video resolution as well as your other digital disc collections.
- Three-Block Internal Layout (Power Supply, Drive/Digital Processing, Analogue Audio)
- Ultra-Rigid Construction without Radiation Holes
- Double-Layered Chassis Reinforced with 3 mm Steel Plate for Rigidity and Low Centre of Gravity
- 6-Layered Main Circuit Board for High S/N Ratio
- Rigid & Quiet UHD BD Drive - Honeycomb Mechanism Drive Cover, Acoustic Damper Tray and Float-Mounting Structure
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback
- SDR/HDR Preset Mode for Optimal Performance for the Display
- Video Adjust
- Dolby Vision (Low Latency Compatible)
- 36-bit Deep Colour/”x.v.Colour”
- Highly Precise D/A Conversion
- Direct Function for Pure Analogue Audio Output
- Dual HDMI Output
- PQLS Jitter-less Sound Transmission via HDMI (with compatible AV Receiver)
- Disc Information On-Screen Display
- Continued Viewing Playback
- 30 sec Skip Forward/10 sec Skip Back
- Auto Power Off
- Firmware Update (USB/Network)
- Self-Illuminating Remote Control
- BD-ROM (UHDBD/3D BD/BD)/BD-R (DL)/BD-R LTH/BD-RE (DL)
- DVD-ROM (DVD-Video/DVD-Audio)/DVD-R (DL)/DVD-RW/DVD+R (DL)/DVD+RW
- Audio CD (CD-DA/SACD)/CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW
- USB Memory/HDD
- HDMI 2 Out (1 Main for Audio/Video, 1 Sub for Audio)
- Digital Coaxial Out
- Digital Optical Out
- USB 2 In (1 Front, 1 Rear)
- Analogue Audio Out (Unbalanced)
- Zero Signal Terminal (for Audio/Video Quality Tuning)
Three-Block Internal Layout
The blocks for power supply, drive/digital processing, and analogue audio are separated into three to eliminate electrical and magnetic interference between the blocks.
Ultra-Rigid Construction without Radiation Holes
Even the holes for heat radiation are excluded to realise a flat form with optimal electric circuit design, and minimum mechanical noise from the rotating system. The result is significantly low noise and even more rigid and stable chassis structure.
Double-Layered Chassis with Rigid Under Base for Rigidity and Low Centre of Gravity
The 1.6 mm-thick chassis base is reinforced with a 3 mm-thick steel plate Rigid Under Base. This Double-Layered Chassis structure provides a low centre-of-gravity and overall rigidity that prevents the transfer of external vibration to the inner chassis, and offers a superior reading of the disc.
Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback
Ultra HD Blu-ray is the latest disc format with up to 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. In addition to Ultra HD Blu-ray, the UDP-LX500 is compatible with regular Blu-ray™, DVD, SACD, and audio CD, so you can enjoy the highest video resolution, as well as your digital disc collection on a single disc player.
6-Layered Main Circuit Board for High S/N Ratio
A 6-layered IVH is used for the main circuit board to thoroughly eliminate digital noise. This optimises the digital signal wiring and minimises GND impedance, and dramatically improves S/N ratio in audio/video signal processing. The 18 Gbps transmission through the latest HDMI standard becomes even more precise.
SDR/HDR Preset Mode for Optimal Performance for the Display
In addition to the video parameter “Reference” for reproducing the original master quality, you can select “LCD TV,” “OLED TV,” or “Projector” for the video quality best suited to your display. Additionally, there are SDR/HDR presets for each video parameter, that automatically switches between SDR preset and HDR preset according to the output signal.
Disc Information On-Screen Display
You can display the disc information on your screen by pressing and holding the remote control’s DISPLAY button. In addition to the playing disc’s details, you can easily check mastering information such as MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) and MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) available on some HDR content, as well as HDMI output information.
PQLS Jitter-less Sound Transmission
With the precision quartz controller on a compatible AV receiver, Pioneer's PQLS (Precision Quartz Lock System) eliminates distortion caused by timing errors. It controls the amount of audio signals from the AV receiver to the UDP-LX500, giving the best possible Distiller-to-analogue conversion. UDP-LX500 supports PQLS 2ch Audio, Multi- Surround, and Bit-stream.
Zero Signal Terminal
The Zero Signal Terminal is a Pioneer-original feature dedicated to tuning audio and video quality without signal transmission. By connecting the Zero Signal Terminal with the audio/video input terminal of an AV receiver etc., the reference level (GND) of the audio/video signals is aligned between the two devices, and the potential difference is suppressed, allowing a precise and high-quality signal transmission.
|Power Requirements||AC 110-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||28 W|
|Power Consumption During Standby||0.45 W (Full) / 1.3 W (Network Standby On)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 x 118 x 337 mm|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: