UDP-LX800 Universal Disc Player
This flagship universal disc player is the embodiment of Pioneer’s considerable expertise amassed over the years through the development of successive optical disc players. Elaborately engineered for the ideal disc playback, the UDP-LX800 features extremely rigid construction to achieve high S/N ratio for quality audio and video performance. With support for the latest Ultra HD Blu-ray™ format, you can enjoy the beautiful spectacle with four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. Two ESS SABRE PRO Series DACs are used in parallel to provide audiophile sound. Other features include SDR/HDR Preset Mode, Direct/Transport Function, and XLR balanced output terminal.
- Three-Block Internal Layout (Power Supply, Drive/Digital Processing, Analogue Audio)
- Ultra-Rigid Construction with Ventless Steel Plate Top Panel and Aluminium Side Panels
- 3 mm Steel Plate Rigid Under Base for Rigidity and Low Centre of Gravity
- 6-Layered IVH Main Circuit Board for High S/N Ratio
- Rigid & Quiet BD Drive
- Honeycomb Mechanism Drive Cover with Anti-Vibration Paint
- Acoustic Damper Tray with Anti-Vibration Paint
- Float-Mounting Structure
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulators
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback
- 4 Presets According to Display Type, with Automatic Detection/Switching for SDR/HDR Signals
- Video Adjust
- Dolby Vision (Low Latency Compatible)
- 36-bit Deep Colour/”x.v.Colour”
- 8ch Parallel Drive with SABRE ES9026PRO DAC x 2
- Large-Capacity Power Supply Transformer
- Custom Electrolytic Capacitors
- Direct Function for Pure Analogue Audio Output
- Transport Function for Pure Digital Audio/Video Output
- Dual HDMI Output
- PQLS Jitter-less Sound Transmission via HDMI (with compatible AV Receiver)
- Disc/HDMI/HDR Information On-Screen Display
- Continued Viewing Playback
- 30 sec Skip Forward/10 sec Skip Back
- Auto Power Off
- Firmware Update (USB/Network)
- Self-Illuminating Remote Control
- BD-ROM (UHDBD/3D BD/BD)/BD-R (DL)/BD-R LTH/BD-RE (DL)
- DVD-ROM (DVD-Video/DVD-Audio)/DVD-R (DL)/DVD-RW/DVD+R (DL)/DVD+RW
- Audio CD (CD-DA/SACD)/CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW
- USB Memory/HDD
- HDMI 2 Out (1 Main for Audio/Video, 1 Sub for Audio)
- Digital Coaxial Out
- Digital Optical Out
- USB 2 In (1 Front, 1 Rear)
- Analogue Audio Out (RCA Unbalanced, XLR Balanced)
- Zero Signal Terminal (for Audio/Video Quality Tuning)
Three-Part Chassis Structure
The blocks for power supply, drive/digital processing, and analogue audio are separated into three to eliminate electrical and magnetic interference between the blocks. The rigid beams placed between the blocks further reinforce the structure, while the internal layout is optimally designed to minimize vibration and signal loss.
Ultra-Rigid Construction with Ventless Steel Plate Top Panel and Aluminium Side Panels
Even the holes for heat radiation are excluded to realise a flat form with optimal electric circuit design, to minimise the mechanical motion sound from the BD drive. The result is significantly low noise and even more rigid and stable chassis structure.
Rigid Under Base for Rigidity and Low Centre of Gravity
The 1.6 mm-thick chassis base is reinforced with a 3 mm-thick steel plate Rigid Under Base. This Double-Layered Chassis structure provides a low centre-of-gravity and overall rigidity that prevents the transfer of external vibration to the inner chassis, and offers a superior reading of the disc.
Large-Capacity Power Transformer and Power Supply Circuitry
The dedicated large-capacity power transformer for the analogue audio circuitry and the custom capacitor constitute the superior power circuitry capable of instantaneous power supply. The unnecessary electromagnetic wave generated by the transformer is confined within the copper plated shield case with anti-vibration paint. The f-hole-shaped embossing also helps to suppress standing-waves within the case, thereby achieving sound quality with both dynamic and silent features. The power supply circuitry has a case with an F clef emboss for suppressing standing waves, and black anti-vibration paint, allowing stable and high-quality power supply to the drive and digital blocks.
Universal Disc Player with Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback
As a universal disc player, the UDP-LX800 can play various optical discs including the latest disc format Ultra HD Blu-ray which has four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, as well as Hi-Res Audio and other music files, and video files.
6-Layered Main Circuit Board for High S/N Ratio
A 6-layered IVH is used for the main circuit board to thoroughly eliminate digital noise. This optimises the digital signal wiring and minimises GND impedance, and dramatically improves S/N ratio in audio/video signal processing. The maximum 18 Gbps transmission through the latest HDMI standard becomes even more precise.
Audio Circuitry for Quality Sound
The technologies for Pioneer’s SACD player PD-70AE is incorporated to further improve the analogue audio block. The paths for L and R signals are made identical including the pattern and parts layout. The L/R signal balance is strictly maintained, resulting in evermore precise and superior separation during playback. The bus bar between L and R signals also help to stabilize the ground.
SDR/HDR Preset Mode for Optimal Performance for the Display
In addition to the video parameter “Reference” for reproducing the master quality, you can select “LCD TV,” “OLED TV,” or “Projector” for the video quality best suited to your display. Additionally, there are SDR/HDR presets for each video parameter, that automatically switches between SDR preset and HDR preset according to the output signal.
Disc Information On-Screen Display
You can display the disc information on your screen by pressing and holding the remote control’s DISPLAY button. In addition to the playing disc’s details, you can easily check mastering information such as MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) and MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) available on some HDR content, as well as HDMI output information.
Transport Function for Pure Digital Audio/Video Output
The function completely turns off the analogue audio circuitry from power supply to output, by cutting the power supply to the transformer during HDMI connection. The HDMI’s S/N ratio further improves and realises high quality audio and video playback.
|Power Requirements||AC 110-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||42 W|
|Power Consumption During Standby||0.45 W (Full) / 1.4 W (Network Standby On)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 x 131 x 339 mm|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: