The G2 Record Cleaning Fluid Kit Includes:
- One 2 ounce (60 ml) bottle of G2 fluid, with mist spray top.
- One 4 ounce (120 ml) bottle of G2 fluid with spout top. Use to refill the 2 oz mist spray bottle. 900+ mist sprays in this kit.
- Label protector mask. Use to keep your record label dry when using the mist spray.
- Record cleaning instruction booklet.
Note: Cleaning photos demonstrate the use of G2 Fluid. This Kit includes only G2 Fluid and the label protector mask. See our other product listings for the GrooveWasher handle, replaceable cleaning pad and yellow towel.
GrooveWasher G2 Fluid is the result of years of research and testing. The formula was guided by the D series fluids of the 1970s. G2 is perfectly safe for vinyl records. The ingredients are balanced for effective cleaning without rinsing. Evaporates quickly after cleaning per instructions. Anti-static action on contact. Honest cleaning to release the honest sound of the recording.
Designed for use with the GrooveWasher cleaning pads. But you can use G2 Fluid with your preferred absorbent brush or fabric. NOTE: Carbon fibre brushes are non-absorbent and not designed for wet cleaning. Use of G2 Fluid with a carbon fibre brush is not recommended.
RCM owners tell us they prefer G2 Fluid for the cleaning cycle.
G2 does not fix scratches or scuffs. Once the signal in the microgroove is lost, nothing will recover it.
The two ounce mist spray bottle has more than 300 fine mist sprays. With the 4 ounce refill bottle this kit provides 900+ fine mist sprays. Enough to clean both sides of more than 100 records! (YMMV)
Some vinyl cleaning fluids on the market are plain distilled water with limited cleaning action. Others have a high level of alcohol which can harm vinyl records. Some leave a layer in the microgroove that reduces sound fidelity.
High Tech G2 Fluid Contains:
- Surfactants: State of the art detergents dissolve and suspend fingerprints and other oily grime.
- Super wetting agent: A specialty chemical that reduces the G2 Fluid's surface tension to reach the bottom of the groove. When you spray G2 Fluid on a record you can see it spread down the grooves.
- Emulsifiers: Holds the oils, dirt, mildew and microdust particles in suspension. Then the microfibre fabric cleaning pad wipes and pulls the dirt-filled solution from the record surface.
- Purified, deionized water: Powerful carrier for the active cleaning ingredients. Eliminates static electric charges on the record's surface on contact.
"I haven't realized how "dirty" my record grooves have been. I used the Groovewasher on a 1979 copy of JJ Cale's 5 record. This is a quiet, laid back, nice, record and I heard parts of JJ Cale's voice that I have not noticed before. This out shines all the competition. I hope this flies off of the shelves as people discover it. Keep up the good work." Thomas Lee.
"This is simply the best cleaning fluid available today. I highly recommend this product and this company." Dan B.
G2 Record Cleaning Fluid is formulated and made by GrooveWasher in North Kansas City, MO, USA.
Write a ReviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: