NAD VM 130 MDC Module
For the duration of our 45 year history, we here at NAD have always prioritised the future. In 2006, our recognition of future features and upgrades became whole when we introduced our MDC technology. Allowing customers to ensure vitality within their NAD AV Receivers or Processors, MDC guarantees that your home system will be more than capable when it comes to embracing the latest and most advanced technologies. With the VM 130, you get 4K (UHD) video performance at 60 frames per second with 4:4:4 colour, as well as the option to wield the power of BluOS®, a music management system that sets your music library free. The VM 130 also contains the latest generation of HDMI chip, and supports HDCP 2.2, which is the copy encryption used for UHD video and is required to watch 4K contents. A great companion to any system, the VM 130 brings a new level of sophistication to your favourite music and movies.
NAD Classic AV MDC Upgrades: T 758, T 757, T 757 v2
Modular Design Construction (MDC)
NAD's innovative MDC architecture is a highly advanced concept, allowing customers to upgrade their NAD AV Receiver or Processor with new technology and additional features well into the future. NAD introduced MDC in 2006 featuring the then advanced HDMI 1.2 digital transfer technology. Subsequent upgrades to HDMI 1.3, HDMI 1.4 and now HDMI 2.0 have kept NAD customers at the forefront of technology while protecting their original investment.
VM 130 UHD (4K) Video Module for T 758, T 757, T 757 v2
This upgrade incorporates two of the hottest and most desirable new technologies into a single module that works in all NAD MDC AV products. It not only provides Ultra High Definition (UHD) video performance, but it also adds the option of network music streaming, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, allowing up to 64 zones of BluOS® compatible High Res Audio music players to be added to create the most advanced multi-room system on the planet.
Using the very latest 4K video chipsets, the VM 130 supports 60 frames per second (4K/60 @ 4/4/4) to fully support all current and future UHD formats. Many UHD AVR's still use much slower video processing that limits performance to 4K/60 @ 4/2/0. The VM 130 also includes the latest HDCP 2.2 copy protection necessary for accessing all commercial UHD video releases. Like previous MDC video modules, NAD has chosen to take a 'do no harm' approach to the video signal by neither adding nor subtracting precious information, thus leaving the frame rate and colour space unaltered from the input to the output. Only the audio signal is extracted for processing and amplification by the latest state-of-the-art High Resolution Audio circuitry.
Introducing BluOS for NAD
Meet the BluOS upgrade kit – a small device that easily connects to the USB input of your BluOS ready NAD amplifier or receiver and lets you stream all your music with one easy-to-use app. Once set up and connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can simply use the BluOS Controller app for smartphone, tablet, and desktop to stream & control lossless music, or group with other BluOS enabled devices like wireless speakers, and add high-resolution sound to any room in your home.
- Easy setup: plug it into the USB input on your MDC-equipped NAD receiver or amplifier, connect it to your network, and start streaming.
- Stream lossless music, up to 24-bit/192kHz, in bit-perfect quality wirelessly to any stereo or home theatre system.
- Use your smartphone, tablet or laptop as a remote—simply open the BluOS app and have the whole music experience at your fingertips.
- Sync large hi-res music collections for on-demand streaming, or add your favourite music service for access to millions of songs.
- Seamless compatibility with popular home integration systems including Crestron, Control4, URC, RTI, and Push. (Elan coming soon).
- 3 rear panel HDMI 2.0 inputs – 18 Gbps, 4K/60, HDCP 2.2
- 1 rear panel HDMI 2.0 output – 18 Gbps, 4K/60, HDCP 2.2
- CEC/ARC support
- Graphic OSD generator
- One USB 2.0 Type-A connector
- BluOS™ ready*
- Compatible with T 758, T 757 and T 757 v2
* The VM 130 is BluOS Ready and requires a BluOS Upgrade Kit for activation, which includes everything needed for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Please note that installing the VM 130 disables all analogue video input decoding from Composite, S-Video and Component Video sources.
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: