Supreme Digital Audio Distribution!
This exceptional device offers extreme versatility and control for your collection of digital audio source devices. Combining the technology of an Optical Switch and Splitter into one unit to provide an unprecedented level of control.
This 4x2 Optical (Toslink) Matrix Switch will accept up to 4 input source devices which can then be routed to each of the 2 optical outputs in any combination. The desired source device for each output can be nominated with the supplied infrared remote control or by pressing the A and B selection buttons located on the main unit. This device also features an on/off power switch to assist in saving power when not in use.
This high quality unit is constructed with a robust metal outer casing to facilitate long term performance and reliabilty. The sleek and compact design will ensure that this unit can be positioned seamlessly within an AV cabinet or any other convenient location. All digital audio formats specified within the S/PDIF standard are supported by this switch, including Dolby Digital, DTS and 2 channel LPCM.
- 4 x Optical (Toslink) inputs
- 2 x Optical (Toslink) outputs
- Distributes 4 digital audio inputs in any combination to 2 outputs
- Supports all S/PDIF digital audio formats (Dolby Digital, DTS and LPCM etc.)
- Integrated signal amplifier enables output of up to 40m
- LED indicators to notify which device is in use for each of the two outputs
- Inputs can be selected via the supplied remote control or buttons located on the main unit
- Integrated on/off power switch
- High quality metal outer casing
- 1 x 4x2 Optical (Toslink) Matrix Switch unit
- 1 x Remote control
- 1 x CR2025 battery for remote control
- 1 x Australian 5V power supply
- 1 x User manual
Space HiFi were fantastic. I called for availability of this product and they put it aside for me as I processed my order online. The switch arrived next day packaged well.
The switch works extremely well - BUT - be aware that not all SPDIF cables are made the same. Cheaper cables I had actually were a tiny bit "wider" at the connector ends. When inserted into the switch the socket housing "pushed" into the casing of the switch. I purchased some new high quality cables and they fitted into the sockets perfectly. On a personal note, the remote control is really a gimmick. I prefer the manual approach with the buttons on the switch :)
So I am definitely happy with the Service and product from Space HiFi - will definitely buy though them again :)
Cheers - Paul from QLD