Works perfectly. Great picture and sound quality. Running over household shared gigabit (cat5e) ethernet via Asus router and Netgear switches. Relaying Foxtel IQ3.
This HDMI over IP Extender Provides Extreme Distribution Versatility!
This device offers a cost effective solution to distribute a HDMI video and audio signal. This HDMI Extender supports 1080p video up to a maximum distance of 120m over a single Cat6 cable (80m over Cat5 or 100m over Cat5e).
This versatile device will convert a HDMI video and audio signal to IP (TCP/IP), which can be transmitted point to point (using the supplied sender and receiver units) or distributed through a network (ethernet switches and routers). The wideband infrared (IR) repeater facilitates seamless control of the source device from the remote location.
For increased versatility, extra HDMI over IP Extender Receiver Units can be purchased and then used in conjunction with network switches or routers for virtually unlimited distribution potential.
- Transmits High Definition Video, Audio and IR over IP (Internet Protocol) For a Versatile Distribution Solution
- Supports Point to Point (Sender to Receiver) Transmission Distance of up to 120m Over Single Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6 Cable
- Connect Additional Receiver Units Through a LAN (Local Area Network) to Expand Distribution (up to 253 Displays)
- Introducing a Network Switch or Router will Extend Transmission Distance up to a Further 120m
- Compatible with Regular Network Hardware (Switches and Routers)
- Can be Shared with Internet Connection on Common Network
- HDCP Compliant (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- Wideband IR Repeater (Infrared Remote Control Extender) - Foxtel Compatible (IQ, IQ2 and IQ3)
- Automatic Equalisation to Match Cable Length
- Supports Resolutions up to 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Lossless HDMI Transmission (No Quality Loss)
- Mountable Design for a Range of Installation Options
- 12 Month Australian Warranty
- 1 x HDMI over IP Extender Sender (TX) Unit
- 1 x HDMI over IP Extender Receiver (RX) Unit
- 1 x IR Receiver
- 1 x IR Emitter (Blaster)
- 2 x 5V Power Supplies
- 1 x User Manual
Note: This device is not compatible with Ethernet over Power (EoP) powerline adapter kits.
Point to Point Direct Connection Diagram
Network Connection Diagram
One Sender (TX) to Multiple Receivers (RX) Network Connection Diagram
|HDMI Connector||Type A 19 Pin Female (Standard Full Size Connector)|
|Network Cable Connector||RJ45|
|Network Cable Type||Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6 (UTP or STP)|
|Supported Resolutions||480i (60Hz), 480p (60Hz), 576i (50Hz), 576p (50Hz), 720p (50Hz / 60Hz), 1080i (50Hz / 60Hz) and 1080p (50Hz / 60Hz)|
|IR Frequency Range||20kHz to 60kHz (Wideband)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C|
|Maximum Transmission Distance (Cat5)||80m|
|Maximum Transmission Distance (Cat5e)||100m|
|Maximum Transmission Distance (Cat6)||120m|
|Power Supply||5V DC 1A|
|Power Consumption (Max.)||Transmitter: 3.5W, Receiver: 3W|
|Dimensions - Sender & Receiver (W x D x H)||97mm x 94mm x 24mm|
|Weight||Transmitter: 145g, Receiver: 142g|
Perfect. No config necessary. Used a cheap gigabit switch and kept it separate from my network. I couldn't be happier.
Note: I first plugged it into my router and it worked but my router was overworked and became noticeably slow for other devices.
Fast postage. Good service. Much appreciated.
Reply from Space Hi-Fi: Please ensure a Gigabit Switch is used. If the correct switch is used, this device can definitely be shared with the internet on a common network. However, if other devices (besides the internet) are consuming LAN bandwidth then it may be best to isolate this device on its own network for optimum performance.
I have installed this at my daughters place, works great and everybody is very happy.
Foxtel in two rooms and all my messy equipment in the garage.
Excellent service, received products within 36hrs (NSW to SA).
Product does exactly what the product description says, easy to follow instructions and straight forward assembly. Using product to share Foxtel from one room to another with excellent picture, sound and all remote features working.
My setup is a Foxtel IQ box HDMI out to a HDMI splitter (1 in and 2 out), to the existing TV and one to the Extender unit. Cat5e ethernet cable from the Extender to a Gigabit LAN switch next to the IQ box. The house has a wired LAN, with a 4 port Netgear switch in each room back to the main modem/router. The Receiver unit is connected to the remote room switch and HDMI from the Receiver to the TV.
The IR works perfectly through the LAN with the remote control unit being able to turn the IQ unit on and off (standby mode). All the remote playback features are working from the remote room.
Write a ReviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: