The CSS230 is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 50 mm (2") mounting depth, custom built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high quality speaker has gone before.
Between 2" stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installer and customer. Combined, the three proprietary 3" mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 6 1/2" driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
In keeping with Monitor Audio’s renowned design rigour, the crossover comprises high quality film capacitors and low loss inductors - selected for signal integrity - ensuring peerless audio detail and dynamics from a speaker of its size and application. When the CSS230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
Optional square or premium grille can be used with this model.
- Super-slim mounting depth 50 mm (2") designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high performance options and sound isolation in one (pictured right)
- Driver configuration of three 3" C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter (fixed position) and high quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with décor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing CB6 pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||100 Hz – 30 kHz Sealed ‘CP’ (85 Hz – 30 kHz Open Back)|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)||86 dB|
|Maximum SPL||103.8 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||40 Watts – Full Range (60 Watts with Crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||10 – 60 W|
|Drive Unit Complement||3 x 3" C-CAM Cone Bass-Mid Drivers, 1 x 19 mm (3/4") C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter|
|Crossover Recommendation||100 Hz at a Minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave Optimum)|
|Connection||Gold Plated Sprung Push Terminals – For Bare Wire Connection up to 4 mm(2)|
|Overall Diameter (Including Grille)||250 mm (9 13/16")|
|Overall Depth (Including Grille)||54 mm (2 1/8")|
|Cut-Out Hole Diameter||211 mm (8 1/4")|
|Mounting Depth||50 mm (2")|
|Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions||249 x 249 mm (9 3/16")|
|Fixing Type||3 Position Tri-Grip Dog Fixings|
|Construction Material||ABS (UL94 Rated, RoHS 2 Compliant) – Painted Steel Grille|
|Weight||2.88 kg (6 lb 5 oz)|
|Pre-Construction Bracket||CB6 Pre-Construction Bracket (Purple)|
|Sold As||Single Unit|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: