Monitor Audio Silver C150
Monitor Audio’s Silver C150 dialogue speaker is designed primarily to partner the smaller stand-mounts and floorstanders in the range, being carefully voiced to complement the timbre and balance of the Silver 50 and Silver 200 models; guaranteeing consistent sonic character.
The compact Silver C150 is diminutive enough to position easily under most AV racks and on cabinets, without resorting to a dedicated stand.
The compact Silver C150 centre-channel speaker sits at the heart of your surround-sound system and features two of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers in a familiar three-driver configuration. The system has been designed electrically to be a two-and-a-half way configuration, which provides better dispersion and elimination of the central ‘dead spot’ exhibited in the typical mid-tweeter-mid (MTM) configurations. The brand’s C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter delivers articulate dialogue and crisp dynamics to movies while complementing the quality of the new Silver range effortlessly.
The Silver C150 has been carefully tuned to match the timbre of the other speakers in the range, resulting in a consistent sonic character across the front channels of a home theatre system. Drivers have been optimised for use in a sealed box enclosure, ensuring installation close to a wall or in a restricted location will provide excellent and consistent results.
- Two-and-a-half way, three-driver MTM configuration
- Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in your AV rack, restricted voids or even close to a wall
- 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
- Dual 5¼-inch bass and bass/mid drivers featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cones mean better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Cast polymer driver chassis design for maximum rigidity and damping characteristics
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest quality transfer through the signal chain
|System Format||2 1/2 Way|
|Frequency Response||52 Hz – 35 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||90 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Minimum Impedance||3.7 ohms @ 193 Hz|
|Maximum SPL||112 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||150 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||60 – 150 W|
|Bass Alignment||Sealed Cabinet|
|Crossover Frequency||LF: 650 Hz, MF/HF: 3.1 kHz|
|Drive Unit||2 x 5 1/4" C-CAM RST Bass/Mid Driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter|
|Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))||165 x 450 x 200 mm (6 1/2 x 17 11/16 x 7 7/8")|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))||165 x 450 x 229 mm (6 1/2 x 17 11/16 x 9")|
|External Dimensions (Including Out-Rigger Plates, Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))||N/A|
|Weight||9.1 kg (20 lb 1 oz)|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: