The Gold C250 has been created to bring every movie soundtrack to life and to give a powerful yet detailed performance. A truly immersive experience is guaranteed, and the speaker’s discreet form ensures it will look good in any room.
The centre speaker does the majority of the heavy lifting in any home cinema system – but that doesn’t mean a centre speaker must look like a heavyweight. Thanks to the compact dimensions of the 2 1/2" (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, and the 6 1/2" (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers either side, Gold C250 is a three-way design without the big footprint you might expect.
Its wide dispersion characteristics make it a wide-screen listen, and it’s adaptable enough to sit happily between any of the speakers in the Gold Series.
- Sealed cabinet configuration for in-cabinet or close to wall placement
- MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 6.5" bespoke bass drivers, featuring:
- RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Custom-made, high-quality gold plated bi-wire terminals
|System Format||2 Way|
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||60 Hz – 50 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)||86 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||4 Ohms|
|Minimum Impedance||3.7 Ohms @ 3 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||109 dBA (Pair)|
|Power Handling (RMS)||100 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||30 — 100 W|
|Bass Alignment||Sealed Cabinet|
|Crossover Frequency||2.5 kHz|
|Drive Unit Complement||2 x 4" C-CAM Mid-Range Driver, 2 x MPD High-Frequency Transducer|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))||270 x 341.8 x 160 mm (10 5/8 x 13 7/16 x 6 5/16")|
|External Dimensions (Including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))||N/A|
|Weight (Each)||6.2 kg (13 lb 10 oz)|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: