The compact Monitor 50s are designed to be placed in a bookshelf type environment and they deliver a surprisingly powerful performance for such small speakers. Their orange driver cones ensure that they will bring fun and function to any situation.
The Monitor 50's modern square cabinets complement the 5 1/2" MMP II drivers and 25 mm black C-CAM tweeters. By placing the tweeters in the top corner of the speakers, Monitor Audio has been able to reduce the size of the cabinet and give a unique appearance.
The compact dimensions, driver technology and rear port allow the speakers to perform in the most confined locations. As the cabinet is rear ported, the output is well damped and is suitable for placement close to a wall. A single set of high quality gold plated binding posts provide the connections for a suitable amplifier. The Monitor 50s certainly sound bigger than they look.
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for an improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
|System Format||2 Way|
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||55 Hz – 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)||87 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Maximum SPL||109 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||70 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||15 — 70 W|
|Cabinet Design||Rear Ported Bass Reflex with HiVe II Port Technology|
|Drive Unit Complement||1 x 5 1/2" MMP II Bass Mid-Range, 1 x 25 mm Black C-CAM Tweeter|
|Crossover Frequency||2.8 kHz|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille (H x W x D))||206 x 206 x 237.8 mm (8 1/8 x 8 1/8 x 9 3/8")|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille and Feet (H x W x D))||N/A|
|Weight||3.56 kg (7 lb 14 oz)|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: