The Monitor 100s are handsome speakers designed to be placed on a bookshelf or mounted on a stand. With their orange bass driver cones and black C-CAM tweeters, they delight both the eyes and the ears.
The Monitor 100s are beautifully proportioned speakers featuring a 6 1/2" MMP II bass driver complemented by a 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter. With a larger bass driver and bigger cabinet, the 100s deliver a more expansive and punchy sound.
Two sets of binding post terminals on each speaker allow for bi-wiring or a bi-amp set up. To maintain their compact proportions, and to allow positioning in the most confined locations, the speakers are rear ported. The Monitor 100s truly deliver the classic Monitor Audio sound.
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for an improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
|System Format||2 Way|
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||44 Hz – 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)||88 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Maximum SPL||111 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||100 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||30 — 100 W|
|Cabinet Design||Rear Ported Bass Reflex with HiVe II Port Technology|
|Drive Unit Complement||1 x 6 1/2" MMP II Bass Mid-Range, 1 x 25 mm Black C-CAM Tweeter|
|Crossover Frequency||3.3 kHz|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille (H x W x D))||310 x 201 x 298.3 mm (12 3/16 x 7 15/16 x 11 3/4")|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille and Feet (H x W x D))||N/A|
|Weight||5.12 kg (11 lb 4 oz)|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: