EVO 100 Phono Preamplifier
We thank you for choosing our first PrimaLuna EVO Tube Phono Preamplifier at the heart of your analogue music system. The EVO Tube Phono Preamplifier is our family's newest and first member of affordable, high-quality tube phono products. The designers and builders of the PrimaLuna equipment all have a long history in high-end audio. We have shown with PrimaLuna that we can offer a range of affordable yet elegant audio instruments that can easily compete with today's most expensive brands. We assure you we will continue that way. Our quality level will set the bar at a difficult height for other products to match.
The starting point in designing this model was: to keep the controls and features as specific as possible - no special features for only a select number of users. Straightforward the possibility to connect one turntable and for that connected turntable (read: cartridge) make the possible adjustments as simple as possible. Depending on that choice, an initial choice of MM or MC system allows further adjustments regarding the load, gain, and capacity in the case of MM. High sound quality, simple ease of operation.
- Hand-made construction of a heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish, each coat hand-rubbed and polished, holding the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is normally only available at the highest price.
- Premium parts like used in all our other models; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; Nichicon and DuRoch capacitors; 5AR4 tube-rectifier-circuitry; gold-plated panel mounted RCA input and output jacks.
- A 100% shielding Phono chassis where needed.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- All PrimaLuna power transformers include the PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the preamp will repower and function properly.
- LIVE side of the AC input connector indicated by aluminium colour screw.
|Max. Output Voltage||26.3 dBV / 20.6 Vrms|
|RIAA-Curve Deviation||<0.5 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)|
|Bandwidth||0 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB)|
|Phase Response Error||<1°|
|THD+N (A-Weighted) MM/MC||<0.40% @ 2 V|
|Output Impedance||100 Ω @ 1 kHz|
|Gain - MM||40 dB|
|Gain - MC||60 dB / 56 dB / 52 dB (H/M/L)|
|Input Impedance - MM||47 kΩ|
|Input Impedance - MC||50/100/200/500/1000 Ω (Selectable)|
|Input Capacitance - MM||47/100 pF (Selectable)|
|Input Capacitance - MC||N/A|
|Input Sensitivity - MM||2.5 mV (200 mVrms @ 1 kHz)|
|Input Sensitivity - MC||0.104 mVrms (200 mVrms @ 1 kHz)|
|Maximum Permissible Input (@ 0.1% THD) - MM||180 mVrms|
|Maximum Permissible Input (@ 0.1% THD) - MC||14 mVrms|
|Channel Separation (@ 1 kHz) - MM||>75 dB|
|Channel Separation (@ 1 kHz) - MC||>60 dB|
|S/N Ratio (A-Weighted) @ 23.8 dBV||>90 dB|
|S/N Ratio (A-Weighted) @ 6.0 dBV||>75 dB|
|Power Consumption||77/86 Watts (115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz)|
|Net Weight||12.7 kg (27.9 lb)|
|Shipping Weight||15.8 kg (34.7 lb)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||280 x 405 x 190 mm (11" x 15.9" x 7.5")|
|Shipping Dimensions (W x D x H)||385 x 468 x 315 mm (15.2" x 18.4" x 12.2")|
|Inputs||1 Pair Stereo RCA (MM/MC)|
|Outputs||1 Pair Stereo RCA|
|Fuse 220~240 V||LittelFuse 0213.500MXP|
|Tube V1, V4 (Power Supply, Rectifier)||5AR4|
|Tube V2, V3 (Power Supply, Stabilisation)||EL34|
|Tube V5, V6, V7, V8 (MM-Stage)||12AX7 (With Aluminium Cover)|
|Tube V9, V10 (MC-Stage)||6922 (With Aluminium Cover)|
|MC Tube Board||Mechanically Decoupled|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good