VSX-534 5.2 Channel AV Receiver
The VSX-534 comes in a user-friendly new design, with 12% slimmer size than the previous model for easy installation, 4K indicator, and Personal Preset and Bluetooth® Input buttons on the front panel. Immerse in enveloping sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® audio formats. Or even without height or surround speakers, you can still enjoy virtual 3D surround effect with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser* and DTS Virtual:X. The AV receiver is compatible with Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ with support for HDCP 2.2, so you can fully appreciate premium content such as 4K videos.
- Channels: 5
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 150 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1ch Driven)
- 135 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1%, 1ch Driven)
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser*
- DTS Virtual:X
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2ch, 5.1ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4438 (AKM)
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning - Phase Control, Subwoofer EQ
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes - Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR10, HLG and BT.2020 Wide Colour Gamut Signal Passthrough
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v. Colour”
- Personal Preset
- Dialogue Enhancement
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.2 + LE, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC) Built-in
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio/Video Status
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- MCACC Setup Mic In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 4 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 1 Out
- USB 1 In for Streaming Dongles
- Audio 3 In (Assignable)
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- Zone B Line Out for Wireless Headphones
- Speaker 5 ch Out (Front, Centre, Surround/Height)
* Available with future firmware update
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-534 is compatible with 3.1.2ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation*
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Visualiser enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
* Function available with future firmware update.
With DTS Virtual:X, you can enjoy a three-dimensional immersive sound similar to DTS:X, without the need of height or rear speakers. The technology supports 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source, for delivery on 2 to 5.1-channel speaker layout. DTS Virtual:X works with all DTS codecs, including DTS:X.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
The VSX-534 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Colour Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalises response.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-534 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound by connecting your wireless headphone dock. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Stream songs from compatible devices with the built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (ver. 4.2 + LE). The VSX-534 features A2DP/AVRCP profiles, with support for SBC/AAC codecs. By pressing the Bluetooth button on the front panel, you can directly start up the BT function, even when the unit is in standby.
Just press the Personal Preset button on the front panel for three seconds, and your current settings such as volume level and listening mode can be saved. Up to three presets can be registered and easily called up from the front panel button or the remote control.
With this unique mid-range sound control feature, you can make independent volume adjustments to the range including dialogues in films, with the up/down key on the remote control.
On-Screen Information for Audio/Video Status
The screen display now shows detailed input and output information for the playing content. So you can see whether your video is being output by Dolby Vision, or if the movie is processing Dolby Atmos or DTS:X sound.
|Power Requirements||AC 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption/Standby||465 W/0.2 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||435 x 148 x 321 mm|
Write a Review
Note: If reviewing a product that has variations such as colour or length, please include this information at the start of the review. For example "Colour: Red" or "Cable Length: 2m" etc.Your Name:
Your Review: Note: Plain text only (HTML is not translated).
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: